Two Day Social Work Licensing Exam Preparation Workshop
Saturday, September 8th and Saturday, September 15th, 2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
WSU Main Campus, School of Social Work Building (5447 Woodward Ave), Media Center Room 101
$250 Alumni / $275 Non-Alumni
This two day workshop is designed to help participants further develop the knowledge, skill and confidence necessary to take the MSW licensing exam. Highly experienced Wayne State University School of Social Work faculty will provide intensive reviews of the major topics covered on the exam as well as an overview of test-taking strategies. Participants will have the opportunity to view and discuss sample test taking questions. As part of their fee, all students attending the review program will receive the highly regarded 3-volume Social Work Examination Services Comprehensive Study Guide. The guide's content covers all aspects of the social work license exam and has 1,600 practice questions including 5 practice exams, all fully explained and answered.
Course agenda and major topics to be covered:
- Welcome and Introduction
- Test-Taking Strategies and Anxiety Management
- Human Behavior and Developmental Theories, and Diversity within the Environment
- Assessment, Diagnosis and Intervention Planning in Clinical Practice
- Psychotherapy/Clinical Practice Theory and Intervention Approaches
- Overview of Research Methods in Clinical Practice
- Professional Ethics and Values
- Small Group Exercises - Exam Questions
- Practice from a Critical Thinking Perspective: AARGH!! Which Answer Do I Choose??
Included in the cost of this workshop participants will receive a published, critically reviewed three-volume Social Work Examination Services Comprehensive Study Guide.
For a Limited Time we are offering these study guide sets for purchase at $100 per set.
Please contact the Continuing Education department at email@example.com for more information.
The Wayne State University School of Social Work Training Technology Room #239 in our new building at 5447 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, 48202 is now fully operational and has resumed conducting the Michigan Social Work Licensure Practice Exam. The practice exam is free and can take up to four hours to complete. It is available on Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's from 11:30 am.
Students and alumni can reserve their spot to take the free practice exam online.
Social Work Examination Service (SWES) Licensing Exam Preparation workbooks are now on sale at the WSU Barnes and Noble Bookstore. The licensing books contain: 1600 practice questions, 5 practice exams and a book of review content to help prepare social work students for the LMSW clinical exam.
For more information on the practice exam and additional social work licensing exam assistance visit the School of Social Work Office of Continuing Education and Professional Development website.
On-Line Resources for the Licensing Exam:
- Social Work Examination Services: SWES Home Study Program and Lecture Review courses
- Social Work Test Prep: Helping MSWs get through the social work licensing exam with realistic online practice.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB):
- Social Work Dictionary
- NASW Code of Ethics
- Google Scholar
- ASWB Licensing Exam Online Tests
- Kaplan and Sadock's Synopsis of Psychiatry, 10th edition (This book contains an online test bank of 100 multiple choice questions that will be helpful for License Exam preparation).